Saturday, 18 February 2017

Hot off the press - Gargoyle

As promised, here is the first Gargoyle print. All in all, I'm extremely satisfied with the results, except for a small mistake (partially my fault) where the feet and base meet. I was very worried about the amount of support needed for this larger print and went a little overboard (I don't have a picture of this as I was too eager to get it wrapped up), especially for the whip, which is entirely suspended. I was even more worried / careful removing the supports, and it looks great. I did end up printing the wings separately, I used a raft to get this down and printed it horizontally - not sure what happened because their finish came out horribly, so I'll try printing them vertically instead.

I will say though that the wings fit perfectly. Very happy with the two part print.

Hole in th base. I will increase top layer heights to try and fix this...

Wings front

Wings back (very bad finish)

Front - no wings

Back - no wings



No comments:

Post a Comment